Installation & Utilization Guide
Irrigation System & Requirements
Drip tape flow rate : 1.35 gpm /100 feet (5.1 L / min / 30.5 m)
Mat water holding capacity: 2.1 gal.us / sq. yd (9.5 L / m2)
- 3/4'' (2 cm) polyethylene water header
- Pressure regulator (10-20 psi)
- Filter (120-180 mesh)
Heat System & Requirements
Temperature intake (max) : 140°F (60°C)
Pressure (max) : 15 psi
Flow rate: 0.006 gpm / sq. ft (0.017 LPM / m2)
Energy consumption to heat pot substrate one degree over ambient air (Rating for bottom insulated mats):
2.32 BTU / hr / ft2 / Farhenheit degree
4.18 BTU / hr / ft2 / Celsius degree
44.7 BTU / hr / m2 / Celsius degree
The water flowing through the heating pipes should be at a temperature between 35°C and 45°C (95°F to 113°F). This promotes better energy efficiency without damaging the root-system of the plants.
- Recirculation pump with 15 psi pressure regulator
- Thermostat and sensor per growing zone
- An electric, gas or oil heating tank can be used for small projects.
- Heat exchanger for high temperature boilers, thus creating a separate low temperature line from the mats.