AQUATHERMAT® with geothermal heat pumps
The low temperature output generated by geothermal heat pumps is perfectly suited to provide the necessary heat to AQUATHERMAT®.
- A temperature sensor inserted in the substrate is used by the control system to calculfate the supply temperature required to keep the soil mat the proper set point.
- The use of a mixing valve is necessary as it is not practical to modulate the storage tank temperature.
- An expansion tank and a pressure regulator (12 PSI) must be installed in order to protect the mat's hot water conducts.
- The by-pass valve is used to adjust the circuit pressure.
- The circulation pump must be activated at all times in order to keep an even temperature across the mats.
- The purge and shut-off valves are most useful to bleed the air out of the system at start-up.